🎮 Crest - an indirect god sim
📝 Beschreibung / Über Crest - an indirect god sim
Welcome to Crest, an indirect god sim where the only way to interact with your followers is by issuing commandments written in a pictographic language.
How these commandments are interpreted and remembered is not set in stone. What you communicate and what experiences your followers have with the environment is the basis for their religion. Over time, commandments can develop different associations and completely change their meaning. After all, your followers still have free will and will sometimes do what they think is best for them, regardless of what you had in mind.
Consequences of your actions may not always be clear and you will need to be aware of the ever-changing environment and your people’s disposition, amongst others their disposition towards you. Expressing yourself is the key of Crest; you will do so through your people and the world they shape.
- Explore the high-concept of religion by building your own
- Interact with your followers solely by issuing commandments using a pictographic language
- Sandbox-style gameplay: set your own goals and how much you interfere with the world
- Progress by unlocking new words, increasing the complexity of your commandments
- Observe how your followers evolve as a result of your decisions
- Micromanage a world where weather, vegetation, mineral deposits, drought and animal behavior will create surprises
- Express yourself in a game without end-goal nor winning condition, allowing you to purely focus on building your legacy in a world where you are the god of everyone
Progression and Losing
Every new world you start is unique and will write its own little stories. If all your followers die, that world is gone forever. However, you will still be able to view the legacy of your previous worlds. As long as your people live you can continue playing and further shape your own history by creating more and more complex commandments with newly unlocked words.
Crest is an Afrofuturist game that reimagines how humanity arose in the cradle of humankind on the African continent. It’s a historical themed game that tries to emulate an advanced iron age civilization that could have existed a few thousand years ago. The setting for the game world, its flora and fauna is based on African biomes, with rainfall determining the tug-of-war between desert, savanna and jungle.
🎞 Trailer / Preview
- OS: Windows Vista SP1 or newer
- Processor: 3 Ghz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: 1 GB VRAM and shader model 4.0 compatible
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 1 GB available space