OVR Toolkit - FREE DOWNLOAD
OVR Toolkit is a SteamVR Overlay utility designed to make viewing the desktop within VR easy and intuitive. OVR Toolkit allows you to display specific desktop windows, quickly select between them, use intuitive controls to navigate those windows, and use a virtual keyboard to type.
Ever wanted to reply to Discord messages without taking off your headset or looking through a nose piece? Ever wanted to pause that song you’re listening to without fumbling around on your keyboard? Now you can with ease!
OVR Toolkit is compatible with mostly all SteamVR compatible headsets, though it does require tracked controllers too! The utility is being built with the Vive/Vive Pro, Valve Index, and Oculus Rift/Rift S in mind though WMR headsets are compatible too. (Compatible controllers require a trigger and grip)
Check out the feature showcase on YouTube! (Filmed on a pre-release build)
- Overlays over almost all SteamVR applications: OVR Toolkit will display on top of all your favorite titles! (VRChat, Beat Saber, mostly all SteamVR titles, etc.)
- Desktop window viewing: Allows you to select a desktop window and display it above your hand, or pin it in the world around you.
- Multiple desktop windows: Create multiple different windows and place them in the world around you.
- Attach windows to tracked devices: You can make windows move around with either your left or right controllers, headset, or have them stationary in the world.
- Quick selection of desktop windows: OVR Toolkit contains a configuration ‘hotkey’ menu that allows you to bind buttons on its UI to switch between specific windows in one click.
- Intuitive desktop input: Scroll up and down on windows by dragging, make a selection by dragging, like using your finger on a phone but with a VR controller instead! (This makes a lot more sense than it sounds like it does!)
- Wristwatch: An overlay displayed on your hand that displays the time, date, as well as Vive/Index controller/Tracker battery percentages, as well as other values such as Vive Wireless temperatures.
- Saving/Loading configurations: Like that sweet setup you’ve made? Well now you can save it, and load it again next time you launch!
- Advanced settings for window capture: Really want to capture a window at 60FPS instead of 30? Want to make a window slightly transparent so it’s less in the way? You can do those with our advanced settings!
Trailer / Preview
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: VR ready GPU with 4GB VRAM or higher
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 150 MB available space
- Additional Notes: Windows 7 is unsupported due to how we capture the desktop.